|For more information contact:
- All city streets, curbs, sidewalks in town.
- Mows various city right-of-way
- Maintains signage
- Assists in demolition and removal of houses that have been declared substandard
STREET PLAN 2023
The Mayor and City Commissioners have taken several actions over the last few months to aggressively address the condition of our roads. Some of those actions include:
- Pavement Evaluation Project.
- Onboarding General Street Maintenance Contractor to assist in maintaining and repairing our roadways.
- Entering into an interlocal with Stephens County to partner in selected street repairs inside the city limits (Potential improvements include areas with no curbs such as Chaparral).
- Entered into an interlocal with Stephens County for a County application through the Community Development Block Program for a grant to repair streets inside the city limits (Potential improvements include 3rd Street, north of the High School from Parks to Rose and Hartford, by the Hospital, from Elliott to 180/Walker).
- Applied for a Community Development Block Program Grant for city streets (Potential improvements; Panther from Jeanette to 5th Street and 4th Street from Panther to Parks).
- Planning for Debt Issuance for General Fund FY 2023-2024 to fund street improvements.